DATE: August 5, 2014
TO: Board of Supervisors
SUBJECT: NEIGHBORHOOD REINVESTMENT PROGRAM (DISTRICT: 1)
The County of San Diego is fortunate to have an opportunity to reinvest taxpayer money into our communities for the benefit of the public. This action will assist the County in meeting the needs of the community.
SUPERVISOR GREG COX
- Allocate $43,700 from the Neighborhood Reinvestment Program budget (Org 15650) to the County Library for the Friends of the Bonita Library Bookstore expansion project.
- Transfer appropriations of $43,700 from the District 1 Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Services and Supplies, to Contribution to County Library, Operating Transfer Out for the Friends of the Bonita Library Bookstore expansion project.
- Establish appropriations of $43,700 in the County Library, Services and Supplies for the Friends of the Bonita Library Bookstore expansion project based on an Operating Transfer from the General Fund. (4 VOTES)
- Authorize the Chief Financial Officer to execute a grant agreement with this organization establishing terms for receipt of the funds described above and to make minor amendments to the agreement that are consistent with the general purpose of the grant but do not increase the grant.
- Find that the grant award described above has a public purpose.
- Find that the allocation is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act pursuant to Section 15301 of the State CEQA Guidelines.
The fiscal impact of these recommendations is $43,700. Funds for this request are included in the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Operational Plan for the Neighborhood Reinvestment Program (Org 15650). The funding source is General Fund fund balance. There will be no change in net General Fund cost and no additional staff years.
Business Impact Statement
Advisory Board Statement
San Diego County Library
The Bonita Business and Professional Association (BBPA) has vacated their office space adjacent to the Friends of the Library bookstore at the Bonita-Sunnyside Branch Library located at 4375 Bonita Road. Accordingly, the Friends of the Library would like to expand their bookstore to make use of the vacated space. Today’s allocation to the San Diego County Library will provide funds necessary to expand the Friends of the Library Bookstore.
Linkage to the County of San Diego Strategic Plan
These grants provide an opportunity for the Board of Supervisors to assist worthy organizations that promote the County’s vision of a region that is safe, healthy, and thriving.
Supervisor, First District
AGENDA ITEM INFORMATION SHEET
REQUIRES FOUR VOTES: [X] Yes  No
WRITTEN DISCLOSURE PER COUNTY CHARTER SECTION 1000.1 REQUIRED [ ] Yes [X ] No
PREVIOUS RELEVANT BOARD ACTIONS: N/A
BOARD POLICIES APPLICABLE: N/A
BOARD POLICY STATEMENTS: N/A
MANDATORY COMPLIANCE: N/A
ORACLE AWARD NUMBER(S) AND CONTRACT AND/OR REQUISITION NUMBER(S): N/A
ORIGINATING DEPARTMENT: District 1, Board of Supervisors
OTHER CONCURRENCE(S): N/A
CONTACT PERSON(S): Gregory R. Murphy, (619) 531-5511, firstname.lastname@example.org